From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:37:52 -0500
Bob wrote:

>Robert A. Martinez writes:
>
>>Does anyone know the true relationship Mozart and Antonio Salieri had?  How
>>acurate is the move "Amadeus"?
>
>As I've said before this is work of pure fiction.

It's O.K.

>I read also that Mozart never called himself Amadeus.

Uhmm.  I listened a different version on it.Anyway at that time was still
very common to "Latinize" every "Romance name" last or first name with
"eus" or "ius".  The complete name of Mozart was: Wolfgang Amadi Mozart
--}Wolfgagng Amadeus Mozart

>But those who remember this diobolical film, do you recall just how much
>the guy who played Salieri looked like the paintings of Haydn we have?
>Particularly the one by Thomas Hardy.

Well,diabolical seems to much for me,despite it's lack of realness.Is just
a good attempt to make a "personal" fiction of the producer of this film.
Regards:

Gerardo:.