From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 22:15:36 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>How "blurry silly" is this HIP thing going to get??
>
>Bill(Y).
>
>[Can't people have a little fun?  -Dave]

I agree Dave!  if noone cares to show up to this "silly" production then
I'm sure it will be discontinued.  But, obviously, people are interested as
I am myself interested in HIP in general.  I will NEVER again buy another
Baroque or earlier piece if music if it is not an HIP performance.  MAybe
this seems ridiculius to some of you.  Perhaps you are thinking of all the
great modern performances I will be missing out on.  Don't wory about it.
I have thought about it enough for myself.  Now, truthfully, I wouldn't
want to have to dress up in typical Baroque attire everytime I attended an
HIP event but I have nothing against those who choose to.  I may choose to
do it sometime.  I'm just glad that people go out of their way to recreate
scenarios and moments in time that they wish to have experienced in person.

-Wes