From:
William Strother <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:47:10 -0700
But don't forget that Walter made beautiful STEREO recordings of the
4th, 7th and 9th that are still available on CD.  Each, for my money, is
definitive in all respects.  True, he was of an earlier generation, but
fortunately for us, he lived on.  I remember Goddard Lieberson writing
that Walter's last recordings were the result of his wish to build up an
inheritance for his daughter Lotte.  Touching how the human side of these
public and even historic figures comes through.

Bill S