From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 10:00:03 +1100
Don Satz:

>I continue to be increasingly impressed with recent Naxos recordings.  I
>have stayed away from Naxos for baroque music on period instruments, but
>I'll probably give it a shot with the Musical Offering which I think
>Naxos offers on period instruments.  Has anyone heard that recording?

I bought it recently in the interests of extending my knowledge of Bach.
It sounds fine to me but I have no basis for comparison.  The conductor,
Christian Benda, appears on a couple of other Naxos CDs I have - CPE Bach's
Wq182 symphonies and orchestral works of Casella, both of which I'm more
than happy with, FWIW.

Richard Pennycuick