From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 02:56:34 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Whereas Haydn was less talented than Mozart, thus had less control, and
ended up will less cerebral music.  (cerebral used loosely)

I think this statement contradicts what Mr. Sowa writes later in his
posting.  I believe he agreed with Mr. Rimas that compsers should not be
rated as better or higher or lower than eachother.  I do not think ANYONE
can say that Mozart was more talented than Haydn.  I don't like very much
of Mozart's music and I certainly cannot think of anything in his entire
works that display more talent than Haydn's Opus 76 quartets.  This is,
of course, my opinion I may be wrong.(Thanks Dennis Miller)

--Wes