From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:14:47 -0600
Dave Lampson:

>Lovers of the Marx string quartets should not miss the blistering
>performance of his Piano Concerto by Marc-Andre Hamelin.  It's coupled
>with Korngold's concerto in a release from Hyperion in their Romantic
>Piano Concerto series (volume #18).  It can be had here:
>
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004TKSE/classicalnetA/

Actually there are two piano concerti and they were both recorded in
January by the same orchestra that did the Nature Trilogy mentioned in
Richard's note.  The pianist was David Lively - no Marc-Andre Hamelin,
but then who is?  They should be released by ASV some time this summer.
I have an old off-the-air recording of the Second Concerto, subtitled
'Castelli Romani,' and it's better than the first, IMO.

Scott Morrison

 [Yeah!!  -Dave]