From:
Jeff Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:12:47 -0400
Rosemary Ceravolo:

>Perhaps Schubert intuitively captured this deepest musical note flying
>through space for millions of years.  Any other composers who were
>especially attuned to B flat?

As the article indicates, the B-flat was calculated based on
visual observations of wave forms.  The waves were indeed sound
waves in interstellar gas near a black hole--but could not propagate
intergalactically.  So the sound waves could never get anywhere near
Earth, just the related electromagnetic radiation, the distortion of
which revealed the sound waves.

We see the big blatt of God's Alpenhorn, but we do not hear.

Jeff Dunn
Alameda, CA