From:
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 16:50:16 +0100
Caldara Maddalena ai piedi di Cristo.  Maria-Cristina Kiehr, Rosa Dominguez
(sops); Bernarda Fink (contr); Andreas Scholl (alto); Gerd Turk (ten);
Ulrich Messthaler (bass); Schola Cantorum Basiliensis / Rene Jacobs.
Harmonia Mundi (Full price) (CD) HMC90 5221/2 (two discs:  126 minutes:
DDD).

Dear All, The above recording has been reissued with a catalogue at a very
cheap price (11.99 for 2 CDS).  It is glorious music and the recording is
stunning.  Those of you in the UK may like to check out the chain MVC.  My
local stores both wrongly labelled it at 5.99 for 2 CDS.  I told them about
the mistake but they insisted it was right.  I was happy to get a real
bargain!

Can I ask though, is there a web site that might publish the libretto?

I have also spotted other bargain fro those in the UK:

Bruckner Te Deum (Best/Corydon singers) reissued with catalogue is 3.99 at
HMV Bond Street.  Lots of copies.

Many 2 CD Virgin double sets at HMV (+ hmv.co.uk) at 4.99.

Happy hunting!

David Harbin
Nottingham, UK