From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:09:48 -0500
Roger:

>Much of what this article says is true, ...

The Washington Post's Tim Page could not restrain himself: "...one of
the great musical events of the season." As for Peter Lieberson's Neruda
Songs, sung by his wife, Lorraine Hunt Lieberson, "...[it was a] rapt
performance, which I will remember all my life."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/12/AR2006031201308.html

Today's edition of the Washington Post has a remarkable five articles
devoted to serious classical music, plus three more on jazz.  The CM
articles are on the BSO concert, above, Levine's injury, an appreciation
of Anna Moffo, one on a concert called "Pablo Casals: Artist of Conscience,"
and a review of a concert by the St. Lawrence String Quartet.  That's
quite some coverage, which indicates that there *is* a CM audience out
there.  Or at least here.  To get to these articles, for which registration
is required but free, go to http://www.washingtonpost.com/, then click
on Arts & Living, then Style.

Mitch Friedfeld