From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:10:30 -0500
Kevin Sutton wrote:

>When I was in the record business, it was a major pet peeve of mine
>for people to only listen to one label, or only DDD discs or any other
>arbitrary exclusivity clause. It's too narrow and pretty silly. So, I
>suggest that you develop loyalties to composers or performers, not labels.
>Besides, DG has been a pretty dull label for the last few years, especially
>in the US.

And for me, those who would off hand dismiss anything written past
1900 or those would reject anything unless it was written by a "master"
composer, or those who felt that anything written before 1600 was "pre
music,"etc.  seems to be frustrating/sad to me. Similarly, there are
reviews I respect, but I don't always agree with them.

Karl