From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:20:29 -0500
Juozas wrote:

>Chopin is a Great Composer for piano. In this particular field he could be
>included in the company of Bach, Haydn, Mozart, and Beethoven.  If you do
>not agree, please read on. ...
>
>Chopin's tragedy was he wrote only for piano. You see, if a composer
>couldn't write big orchestra works, he shouldn't be considered serious.

I agree with you.  It's more,i really think think:Most (not all
neccesarily) musicians who underestimate Chopins Superior geniality are
people without a real talent.  The argument of the orchestral music vs.
the pianistic music,is true,it exists, but taking it for grant,i could also
underestimate the Simphonic music under my "pianistic" point of view.As you
can understand that is not really a good argument.  Chopin wrote just for
piano,and he did it SUPERB.Not like some musicians who pretend write music
and despite they wrote thousands of pages plenty of notes and musical
notation,they really didn't make anything trascendental.Maybe this is
the reason because many "academic" composers of all times hate Chopin's
music.It's the envy against the geniuos.Only the people of the same level
(even if they are contestants) can recognize the level of a competitor,as
it happens with Schumann,etc.  And to finish this, Chopin was a Pianistic
being by nature.  A question:  Somebody complaint against Joaquin Rodrigo
because he composed mostly for guitar? Conclusion:  Whatever you do,try to
do it the best you can.  Best wishes:

Gerardo:.