From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:38:13 -0700
Quoting Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>:

> For a time I collected all the recordings of Daphnis and Chloe and the
>complete Prokofieff Romeo and Juliet.  Then when it comes to American
>Symphonies...how about seven Piston Thirds...I am missing at least one...
>All of which leaves me curious, I wonder what sort of specialization
>might exist on this list.

Well, here are my "specialties" or, you might just call them passing
fancies:

1.  I have about a dozen recordings each of the following: Rimsky-Korsakov's
Scheherezade; Bruckner's 7th; the String Quartets of Ravel and Debussy;
Ravel's Gaspard de La Nuit.

2.  I have a nearly complete discography of Anshel Brusilow (both as
conductor and violinist).

3.  I have a fairly good sized collection of the recordings of the
Casadeus Family, including Robert's compositions.

4.  I have nearly complete discographies of June Christy and Stan Kenton,
at least through the Capitol years.  Kenton post Capitol bores me.

5.  For a time I tried to collect complete catalogues of 45 rpm singles
of a number of labels from Memphis' golden age, and I had a passion for
10 inch LPs for a while too.

Kevin