From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 19:30:28 -0500
Margaret Mikulska responds to Walter Meyer:

>> And now I have a question about the *Magnificat* itself, which I thought
>> I knew quite well.  There was a choral passage played over the car radio
>> that I did not recognize after the "Et exsultavit" instead of the "Quia
>> respexit humilitatem" aria, which is followed by the choral "Omnes
>> generationes" which was not what I was hearing.  ...
>
>I don't know the Hickox recording, but you were not hallucinating.  The
>original version of Magnificat contains four movements, which Bach
>himself took out later.  ...

Thanks, Margaret!  I thought the music I heard was sung in German!  Now
I just wonder why the recording that was identified on the radio station's
Web site, is described on the Chandos Web site sans these insertions.
I've sent out an e-mail inquiry to WBJC.  If I get a reply that I think
might interest others as well as myself, I'll post it.

Walter Meyer