From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:44:51 PST
Ulvi Yurtsever wrote:

>Some of the variations work well in this arrangement, some don't,
>and some of them are nearly impossible to play on brass instruments.

The last time I listened to this cd was in the car at a soft level while
my wife and I were driving to take our fourth horse-back riding lesson (my
horse still pays no attention to me).  The prevalent thought I had while
listening to the Canadian Brass was - too much tuba.

>On the other hand, purists of any kind and repeat-nazis should avoid
>it like the plague.

At least the repeat-nazis inflict no bodily harm on people.  They just
storm into your home and remove every recording not honoring all repeats.
By the time they leave, you know you've been cleansed (or taken to the
cleaners).

Don Satz