From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 00:53:42 -0600
Bob Draper wrote:

>I don't share your misgivings about her singing.  But, the neck movement
>you mention is decidedly disturbing.  I have never seen anything like it
>on another singer.
>
>Can any professional singers out there confirm whether or not it is usual
>for a singer's neck to make oscillations of such amplitude?

I am a professional singer.  No it is not usual in fact it is a tell tale
sign of undue stress and tension.  For it to be present in a person so
young as Miss Church is truly frightening.  The neck should be as free of
tension as is earthly possible when you sing and for those oscillations to
be happening means for the most part that there is way too much force being
put on the neck and throat to produce that big sound.  It bodes evil for
the future of any singer with that kind of stress.

Kevin Sutton