From:
Rodrigo Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:51:21 +0000
John Halbrooks <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Ravel: Piano Concerto, second movement, with Argerich/Abbado

I'll assume that you are refering to the Ravel's concerto for piano and
orchestra in G maj.

Some time ago I bought a CD with that piece, the Gaspard de la Nuit and
Sonatine.  I must confess I didn't pay much attention to the concerto.
When I play this CD, I usualy skip to the 4th track, which is the first
movement of the Gaspard.  BTW, the pianist is Martha Argerich, as you
suggested.

Well, now I've just heard the second movement of the concerto, pratically
for the first time, and I must say I've *LOVED* it!  Amazing!  Really nice
and lovely piece.

But at the same time it is weird that, from the whole CD, I only find
myself attracted to these two tracks.  All the other tracks sound so
dull...

Does anyone share similar thoughts, about Ravel or any other composer?

Cheers,

Rodrigo Martins de Matos Ventura