From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 01:24:17 -0600
Donald Satz wrote:

>I usually get a chuckle out of some Bach lovers who tend to let everyone
>know how Bach *should* be played.  I just want to listen to Bach
>performances which enter my soul and make me feel that I'm his musical
>soulmate.

Oh boy, Don, you hit that nail on the head. Bach's music is perfect for me
because it can stand up to just about any treatment or interpretation and be
fabulous. Sure the John Eliot Gardner Matthew Passion if excellent, but the
Klemper is breathtaking, just to cite an example of opposite approaches!

Kevin Sutton