From:
Mark Ehlert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:22:09 -0600
Chris Bonds wrote:

  [Good points about repeats and form snipped]

>How do people feel about observing the minuet repeats in the da
>capo, which the HIPsters are doing now?

I actually like it.  The only time I have a problem with it is when the
music is played so damn slow with the repeats (Haydn can suffer from this),
or when the repeats are taken despite the great length of the movement
(Norrington's take on Schubert's Ninth Symphony).

Mark K. Ehlert