From:
Laurence Glavin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:14:27 -0500
A few years ago, before the dawn of the WB Network, a local UHF-TV station
in Boston used to run Hollywood movies from 8:00 to 10:00 pm, followed
bt the early (i.e.  Ten O'Clock) news.  Once in a while, the flick ran
past the top-of-the-hour, and so one night, as I flipped to the news,
the credits for the movie "Alien" that they had just aired were running.
The music accompanying the credits was Howard Hanson's Second Symphony
("The Romantic").  I never got to see the whole movie, so I never learned
whether the Hanson, and maybe other classical music made its way to the
soundrack before the credits.  Chances are, I won' be seeing the 'director's
cut' version now out, but if there are any sci-fi/classical aficionados
out there, I'd like to find out about the use of music in "Alien".

Laurence Glavin