From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 12:53:28 -0500
 Dave writes:
  I get the
>feeling that the A&R guys at the majors just believe they know what
>we want, or should want.  Somehow, that's even scarier.  And based on
>the releases we've seen out of the majors in the past five years, I'd
>say the fear was well-founded.  -Dave]

Yes, taking the bureaucracies I've been familiar with I have no
doubt there are
projects which receive more resources than others, for whatever
reasons.  My sense
is that experience the music 'business' experience has shown
significant parts of the
market are susceptible to extensive marketing, and the peer
pressure that can be
developed.  So, with confidence that projects can be 'made'
successful with
appropriate marketing, we have an industry that can chose projects
based on the
manipulation of consumer tastes and preferences.

It's those blasted classical music freaks that don't behave.

Regards,

Tom Connor