From:
Peter Wisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:02:37 +0100
Richard pennycuick wrote:

>These are a selection of CDs that are due for release in some countries
>in April.  Some will not be available in the US - check at Naxos's website
>where sound clips are gradually being added:

Always useful information, but I wonder if the distribution and
availability of NAXOS CD's are as poor in other coutries, as they are
in mine, The Netherlands.  New releases arrive at the shops in dribblets,
if at all, and if you order one, it usually takes at least two or three
months, for it to arrive.  Shops as well as distributors keep their stocks
as small as (un)reasonably possible, at least in Holland.  I wonder why, is
it still the initial patronizing attitude, or is NAXOS now really becoming
a threat for the full-priced CD? The only shop I know, which has a more
than decent stock of NAXOS, is the Department store 0Ahlens in Stockholm.
Last time I left the shop with arms full of discs, which I didn't even know
that existed.

Peter Wisse
pwisse @ museon.nl