From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:20:28 -0800
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>We bought a copy of the Penguin guide about a year ago, and my parents in
>law also have a couple of older editions which I browsed in over Christmas.
>In the earlier volumes I saw, Delius had more space than Schoenberg, Berg
>and Webern put together . . .

Which is exactly why I buy it.  TBG prefers good music to esoteric noise
(although one person's noise is another's music or silence . . .  in the
case of Cage).  Individuals interested in classical music cannot be said to
be acquainted sufficiently without having heard S, B, and W, I'm not sure
this threesome has done much to advance the cause of or interest in
classical music (present list members excepted).

Stephen Heersink
San Francisco