From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 17:59:41 +0100
Donald Satz wrote:

>I've been on the list over two years and have never noticed any consensus
>on a definition of music.  Yet, we keep posting on the subject of music
>every day.  And, I submit that each of us knows what we're talking about
>and what others are talking about.

Because everyone consciously or unconsciously knows that you mean organised
sounds when you say music.  If you were to say, 'I can hear music coming
from the street' when someone was starting up their car, THEN no-one would
know what you were talking about.  Of course, you don't really think that
that is music, do you.

David Stewart