From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:08:25 +0000
Deryk Barker writes:

>As to SACD, perhaps we should consider who was actually asking for this
>technology?  And who developed it.

It wasn't me.  I've been very content with cds, and I think that applies
to most folks.

The audio industry, like the computer industry, is always seeking out
new technology or new slants on existing technology.  Of course, the
reason is money, and the record companies are glad to share in the
windfalls.

Of course, audiophiles salivate at any new technology or slant.  The
rest of us are sort of caught in 'no man's land'.  Personally, I have
no interest in plunking down hard cash to satisfy commmercial interests
or audiophiles.  Unfortunately, no one consumer can buck the trend - but
as a group, we can perhaps be effective.

Just as a point of reference, how much would it cost to buy the right
equipment to get the full glory of SACD?  Should I have sold my shares
of stock when Martha did?

Don Satz