From:
Andreas von Doebeln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 19:29:39 +0200
Bob Draper [[log in to unmask]] wrote:

>Strangely last night I was listening to Spohr's clarinet concertos 3 and 4,
>John Denham on Carlton Classics.  I thought what a heap of junk these are.
>Then this morning I read Charles post.

I don't appreciate Spohrs Klarinettenkonzerte more then Mozarta and
Webers, and those I don't like better - Now Mozart is very very good,
and Weber has a firm grip on what his doin, but I must say I like the
three Clarinetconcerts by Bernhard Crusell very much.  French "Imperie"
style...there is a very energic and vivid new recording on NAXOS which I
think veru good- even better then the Thea King on Hyperion.

If anyone is interested to read a review on the NAXOS-Crusell-disc, contact
me privately.

Andreas von Doebeln