From:
Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:17:16 -0700
If you only have money for one, the 1950's Tureck is clearly superior to
her recent recording...  clearly...  I don't understand how you can hold
them up as so similar because to me they clearly are not...  what good is
slightly better sound if the performance is dull ...  her creative power
blooms in the 50's version...  Most dedicated Bach people couldn't even
tell for sure that her recent recording is even by her...  just another
Goldberg.

I don't disagree with you often, Donald, but this one stunned me.

Ray