From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:04:32 +0100
Steven Martin wrote:

>Mahler Fiends, I'm on the hunt for a M3.  How is the Leinsdorf which is
>currently coupled with the First.  I listened to the Leinsdorf Beethoven
>Nine that has been currently reissued, if is in the same league as that
>recording than it should be well worth the effort.

The Leinsdorf was the first Mahler 3 I ever owned but that was back in LP
days and I haven't heard it in years.  I recall that it was good but, not
long after, Horenstein took over in my affections.

For Mahler Third choices you might like to try my survey of recordings:

   http://www.musicweb.uk.net/Mahler/Mahler3.htm

Tony Duggan,
England