From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:41:20 +0100
Richard Pennycuick:

>the "concerto" featured is a arrangement for piano and orchestra of
>*the* Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody which is usually heard in either piano or
>orchestra versions, but not, that I know of, piano and orchestra.  Does
>anyone know, please?

It's not an arrangement by Liszt, because then it would have been recorded
on Hyperion.

The orchestral arrangement we usually hear is made by Muller-Burghaus.
I would love to hear Liszt's own arrangement, which probably is slightly
different from the piano version and most probably includes a zimbalom.

Mikael Rasmusson