From:
Joseph Previte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 08:43:28 -0500
Deryk Barke writes:

>Now tell me the piano concertos K488 and K491 are on the same emotional
>plane...

Or for that fact, compare K466 or K271.  Mozart was a composer I came to
appreciate slowly.  I was initially underwhelmed by his seeming simplicity
and facility, but have grown to be very appreciative and greatly enjoy his
genius.  I believe his ingenuity and cleverness in his writing is easily
overlooked by people who seek a more complex idiom.

JPrevite