From:
Nick Perovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:08:20 -0500
I had been thinking to myself recently that I do not listen to Mozart as
much as I did in my youth.  But tonight I was feeling very blue, and I
wanted to listen to someone who knew just what I felt and could talk to me
about it.  There was really no question about which composer would fill the
bill: I put on the g-minor quintet and found consolation in listening to
someone who had put all my feelings into music.  Sometimes that's what I
want from music: a conversation with someone who is a kindred spirit, who
has felt what I feel and can, in some sense, "talk to me about it."  Do
other people listen to music for this purpose?  What composer does for you
in the way Mozart does for me?

Nick