From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:04:38 -0700
Barrett Reynolds wrote:

>...  That's why I wanted to ask, as seasoned veterans of collecting,
>are many of us loyal to a particular label, orchestra, or conductor?  I
>ask this because, in my brief history buying these CD's, I've developed
>a particular fondness (almost a fettish) for any CD which boasts the
>golden Deutsche Grammophon label.

When I was in the record business, it was a major pet peeve of mine
for people to only listen to one label, or only DDD discs or any other
arbitrary exclusivity clause. It's too narrow and pretty silly. So, I
suggest that you develop loyalties to composers or performers, not labels.
Besides, DG has been a pretty dull label for the last few years, especially
in the US.

Kevin