From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:36:51 -0800
Edgar Beach writes:

>>Reading a good book requires attention and commitment also.  Yet Reading
>>still remains a popular human endeavor because there are still good books
>>being written and read today.  Some may even attain classic status.

Teachers and book-sellers get out there and do whatever they have to do to
get people hooked:

The California Teacher's Association gets athletes to do TV public service
announcements that tell kids that it's "OK" to read, and members of the
Sacramento Kings go into classrooms to read to the kids in hopes that the
kids will read in a fit of star-struck emulation.  Who do we have? Richard
Dreyfuss? Tony Randal? Yikes!

Being totally serious here, surely Sony or Universal could pay some Alpha
to get on TV to tell all the Betas that he listens to the 1812 Overture
before every big game...I'll bet sales would go through the roof.

Yes.  Men are *that* easy.

John Smyth