From:
James Kearney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:02:22 -0000
Successful London-based record producer William Orbit (43) has released an
album of classical pieces mixed with electronic dance and ambient music.
He released his mix of Barber's "Adagio for Strings" before Christmas, and
it entered the UK charts at number 4.  From the reviews so far, he has
treated his selections with more respect than, say, "Hooked on Classics."

I am intrigued by the concept, and haven't yet heard the album. You can
sample his Adagio mix at:

   http://www.williamorbit.com/real/pieces/adagio-corsten.ra

Track listing:

1. Adagio For Strings - (Samuel Barber)
2. In A Landscape - (John Cage)
3. Ogive Number 1 - (Eric Satie)
4. Intermezzo From Cavalleria Rusticana - (Pietro Mascagni)
5. Pavane Pour Une Infante Defunte - (Maurice Ravel)
6. L'Inverno - (Antonio Vivaldi)
7. Triple Concerto - (Ludwig Von Beethoven)
8. Largo From Xerxes - (George Frideric Handel)
9. Piece In Old Style I - (Henryk Gorecki)
10. Piece In Old Style III - (Henryk Gorecki)
11. Opus 132 - (Ludwig Von Beethoven)

WEA 3984289572

James Kearney