From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:53:17 -0400
Mariana Cirne wrote:

>Well, I'm not a musician, and I wouldn't go so far as to say that Mozart
>was a bad composer, but I could say I'm having a hard time understanding
>Mozart.  I'll just go right out and say it: most of the time he bores
>me silly.  His music is lacking in emotion.

Please, run right out and beg, borrow, or steal Mozart viola quintets,
especially the G Minor.  Try it several times.  Listen especially to the
first movement.  If you still think he is lacking in emotion, then I won't
bother you any more.  If you like it, then I've got about a hundred more
things for you to try.

You don't HAVE to like any composer.  And you don't even have to make up
your mind about any composer.  Many times the composers who bore us at
one time in our life turn out to be our favorites later on.

Mimi Ezust