From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:41:22 -0600
Robin Mitchell-Boyask wrote:

>It's increasingly clear that, along with Roberto Abbado, the
>leading candidate to succeed Wolfgang Sawallisch is the 42 year old,
>California-born, Royal Academy-trained David Robertson, who has been
>based in Paris most of his professional career.

I can vouch for David Robertson being the genuine article.  He's been
coming to the Aspen Music Festival for some years now and he's not only
a very good conductor, he's personable, knowledgeable, extremely musical.
And he's energetic.  He's been at IRCAM for some years, so obviously he
is comfortable with new music as well as the mainstream repertoire.

I hope Philly takes a chance and picks him.

Scott Morrison