From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:47:40 PST
Thomas Heilman wrote:

>Thirty years ago, I stated to an Audio Visual librarian friend of
>mine that my idea of hell would be spending an eternity listening
>to Bruckner.  Now it could be my idea of heaven.

I've always had problems with Bruckner, and although he's not yet anywhere
near my idea of heaven (Bach is), I've been buying and listening to the
Tintner recordings and am starting to feel "twinges" of affinity with this
composer.  Every now and then, while listening to Bruckner, I feel a spark
from a musical passage or phrase.  Perhaps one day I'll be connecting the
dots.

>My problem with Bruckner was that I was young and stupid.  I am no
>longer young.

Thomas is too modest.  Just recognizing that he's no longer young removes
him from the stupid list.  Thomas, your Graduate Certificate will be
arriving in the mail.  But, you'll have to buy your own frame.  I'm not
much for the extras.

Don Satz