From:
Robin Mitchell-Boyask <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:46:08 -0800
Don Satz wonders about Harnoncourt's Bruckner.  I'm all for anything that
gets away from the overly thick orchestral textures and creamy filling that
characterizes the Karajan approach.  This is one reason I've always found
Dohnanyi's Cleveland recordings compelling, and the little I've heard of
Harnoncourt's Bruckner suggests an analogous approach.  Anybody else find
this? I realize Dohnanyi generally isn't popular in such forums.

Robin Mitchell-Boyask
Temple University
Philadelphia PA