From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 07:35:23 -0800
Steven Schwartz wrote:

>Ron Chaplin reports:

>> ...; Richard Stilwell, baritone; ...
>
>Holy namedropping, Batman!  I went to school with Richard Stilwell (or *a*
>Richard Stilwell).  In fact, I sang with him in the college choir.

He has a name that sounds like the baritone that sang with us (San
Francisco Symphony Chorus in the late-70s, usually with von Stade).
Very good looking guy, did opera too.  I see there's a Stilwell that
has recorded since the early 80s so it must be he.

By the way, our chorus has done well on the Grammy's getting one when I was
in it (they let us each take a photo with it) and in spite of the fact that
I'm not there now ;-) it's gotten nominated for both the Rite of Spring and
an Xmas crossover recording this year.

>> Schmidt: Book Of The Seven Seals
>> Franz Welser-Most, conductor
>
>That gets my vote.  Too bad I'm not a member of the Academy.  An
>astonishing performance of an astonishing work.

Good to know they're paying attention to works/performances of substance...

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search sheet music, videos, CDs, books