From:
Jan Templiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:31:56 +0100
"Vivien Leong" wrote:

>If you like solo cello pcs.  have you watched Yo Yo Ma's DVD series of
>Bach's Cello suites?

I watched most of the six films on TV a few years ago.  I've always been
eager to see them again.  However, a quick check on Amazon showed that
there's three DVD volumes, each costing about 28 Euros.  I recall that each
of the films was about 30 mins, which would make 60 mins/DVD.  Isn't that
very poor value for money?

In general, I liked these filsm very much.  Even though I couldn't quite
see a connection between the six.  They seemed to be rather arbitrary
impressions of the six sonatas, some more and some less successful.
Perhaps you could elaborate a bit on them, for instance with a short
summary of each of the suites' films?

Jan