From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 00:41:44 -0600
Philip Peters wrote:

>Renato Vinicius wrote:
>
>>Is the series of Jeno Jendo - who I never heard - performing of Beethoven's
>>sonatas, really good or just cheap.
>
>Just cheap. He is a totally unimaginative pianist.

You will have to go into more detail than to just dismiss this artist with
a one liner.  I find Jando's playing, especially his WTC recordings to be
beautifully played, technically flawless and most interesting.

>>Could someone of you compare with Brendel, Gilels, Arrau, Kempff or
>>Richter.  Is there any pianist of these with whom he look like?
>
>He plays like a bookkeeper, just like Backhaus used to do but Jeno is
>a somewhat less sloppy bookkeper than Backhaus was.  The guy to look for
>when wanting to buy one whole set is Schnabel.

You have a lousy bookkeeper then.  Mine is posessed of a wonderful
contralto voice and is a consumate musician.  I stray though.  What's
sloppy about bookkeeping anyway.  Sloppy bookeepers go to jail.  I must
insist that you give us some good reasons, documented by examples and
comparisons as to why this pianist is so awful.  I for one disagree, and
I detest one line dismissals of another's life's work.  If you must tear
him down, you must back your claims with something more concrete.

Kevin Sutton