From:
Eric Nagamine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:18:58 -1000
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the new videos that VAI has put
out in conjunction with the CSO and WGN.  The repertory is tame, but it's
great to see the musicians of the CSO under Reiner and Szell.  The VAI
website is great cause it lists the musicians who were members of the CSO
when the telecasts were done.  Henry Fogel is to be congratulated on giving
credit were it's due.  In the Reiner video from '54, one can make out Janos
Starker at the front of the Cello section.  As a former brass player, it's
great to see Herseth, Lambert, Crisafulli, Farkas, and Jacobs.  I'll
definitely be looking forward to the Stokowski and Monteux videos.
Perhaps Henry Fogel can tell us what else is in the loop!

Aloha and Mahalo,

Eric Nagamine