From:
"Robert Stumpf, II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:13:21 +0000
My favorite recording of the Rachmaninov 3rd Piano Concerto is with
Berman and Abbado conducting the LSO on a long deleted (AAD) CBS "Great
Perfomances" CD.  I had it on LP as well and am glad I snapped it up
when it was released on CD.  Perhaps now we will see some more of his
recordings released.  I checked at H&B Direct and found only one disc
with him and it was a compilation.  There were 14 items on an English
site but three of them were compilations with other performers.  How
many recordings did he make?

Think I'll go play the Rachy 3.

Stumpf