From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:08:47 -0600
>Adding to my depression...yesterday I found out that our local Tower
>Records is going to close.  Russell, the guy who managed the classical
>section, has over 20 years experience as a classical manager and knows
>so much about classical music recordings, is about to lose his job.

I would not relate the closing of a Tower store to any societal
change in music tastes.  Being a former Tower employee, I can state
with authority that Tower has no one to blame but themselves for their
financial misfortunes.  They were an arrogant, poorly run company that
made some majorly poor business decisions, and now it's coming back to
haunt them.  No tears here for Tower.  Someone else will come along,
like archivmusic.com, for example, to give the classical music lovers
exactly what they need and want: selection, price and service.

Kevin Sutton