From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:05:21 PDT
Ron Chaplin wrote:

>I was wondering what the other members experience with Laserlight
>has been.

I don't have many Laslerlight recordings, just three discs of Mozart
piano concertos on period instruments (very good) and the Kegel set of
Beethoven's symphonies 9 (not very good).  As with all labels, it's best
to pick and choose, but you can't lose much with Laserlight given the low
price.

One other thing to keep in mind is that Laslerlight and Capriccio are
controlled by one entity (I don't remember the name).  Many Capriccio
recordings have been reissued on Laserlight while at the same time
remaining in the Capriccio catalog.  I think this is the case with the
Kegel set.

By the way, I don't have any Joplin recordings.  Any recommendations in
addition to Ron's? How about Rifkin on Nonesuch?

Don Satz