From:
"David L. Simmons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:20:39 -0500
As a fan of film music, I've always been amazed by what the "right"
music can do with an otherwise uninteresting scene.  While "E.T" gathered
rave reviews on its original release, I came to realize that the last
20 minutes of the film is about 20% Spielberg and 80% John Williams (you
can quibble the exact proportions, but it is very obviously the music
that carries the film).  Can others give examples of music that carries
the movie to such a degree?

David L. Simmons