From:
Iain Simons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:40:30 -0500
I have a 19 yr old daughter who likes music that I can't stand.  I don't
criticize, however.  Who am I to say? She was raised with the music that
her Mom and I enjoyed; that ranged from popular sixties/seventies music to
Jazz and excessive classical music.  She does not appreciate any of that
music, at least at this point in time.  I think what I'm trying to say is
the following:  I would not like/appreciate it.  I would still argue that
it does have a place in society, and it would probably expand the listening
repertoire of many so-called *heavy-metal* fans.  After all, the Moody
Blues bridged the gap between the *classical* and the contemporary pop
for my generation.

Always trying to keep an open mind, Iain Simons