From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:31:00 PST
I don't have much desire for ten page reviews of a recording, so the
reviews by Steve Schwartz are about as long as I can handle.  Conversely,
I want more than a few blurbs that Penguin provides; I want a narrative
that has some potential to give me a little insight.

I keep buying Fanfare, ARG, Classic CD, and Gramophone.  Each of them gives
me insight.  I might start up again with BBC Music Magazine; those attached
cds of complete works do entice me.  I keep each magazine for about 2
years, then trash it.  That might sound like not the best way to go, but
I have enough trouble finding space for cds.

Also, I'm the opposite of a pack rat.  At work, whenever my waste basket
is close to full, I find my assistant going through it.  She's convinced
that I throw everything away regardless of its significance.  I've told her
that she just might find some day that her hands are loaded with some evil
substance, but she's a dedicated type.  I can easily live with that.  At
least she doesn't eat from the waste basket (although I'm not sure).

Don Satz