From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:32:25 -0600
Tim Dickinson wrote:

>So you're assuming that everyone agreed with your assessment of the piece
>but was too polite to do anything but clap? Or that there is something wrong
>with them if they didn't agree with you?

Neither.  Come now Tim, give me a little more credit than that.  There are
times when it is pretty darned obvious to everyone that a piece won't be
heard again beyond its premiere.  Such was the case here.  Further, the DSO
has been known to deliver some plain out technically flawed performances.
Bad intonation is bad intonation.  Sloppy delivery is sloppy delivery.
Even Beethoven wrote some less than stellar music.  And, by the way, from
my conversations with a goodly sample of people at intermission, the
overall view was that the orchestra was wasting their money on Liebermann.

Kevin