From:
Patrik Enander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:22:24 +0200
Fellow Swede Peter Lundin wrote on Sorabij:

>I don't know if I will endure the expense, already owning John Ogdons'
>pioneering recording from the eighties, still I find it uplifting that
>someone in the classical business dears to undertake such a monumental
>release.

Well Robert von Bahr, must be a bit of a kamikaze-pilot.  He has recently
released a 9-cd set of solo recorder music by van Eyck (a composer unknown
to me) played by Dan Laurin.  And who wasn't a bit surprised and smiled
a bit, when he entrusted a complete Bach Cantata cycle to a Japanese
ensemble!  Guess who is looking stupid now, not Robert von Bahr.

The man must have a sure instinct.  Let hope he and others like him e.g.
Tim Perry (?) on Hyperion continue to have the guts to do something
adventurous

Patrik