From:
Jonathan Knapp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:29:29 -0800
Jeff Grossman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm looking forward to attending my my city's production of Puccini's
>_Tosca_ in May.  In preparation, I have been studying the score and the
>libretto, and I would like to buy a recording.

There is only one recording to buy.  That is the 1953 Victor De Sabata
set on EMI with Maria Callas/Giuseppe di Stefano/Tito Gobbi/et.  al.  This
recording is THE standard by which all others are judged.  Not only will
you enjoy this, but other people will really think you are a opera buff for
having this in your collection!

Happy listening,

Jonathan Knapp